Friday 9 March 2012

Preparation for Bath - interviews and costumes

Well, it hardly seems any time since Barcelona and Bath half marathon has come around. In two days, I will have finished the race and will hopefully be enjoying some post race hospitality (lunch anyway) chez Francis.

It was an interesting day yesterday. At 10.15 just as I was sat enjoying a morning coffee I received a call from the Bath HM organisers asking me to do an interview on our local radio station (Radio Bristol). But I only had 45 minutes to get into the studios before the interview at 11am! It sounded like fun, so I got in the little hire car I had (my car was in for service and MOT) and motored into Bristol. After some brief introductions and seeing most of the news rooms at BBC Bristol, I was ushered into the John Darvall show and following an introduction of Diana Ross and "Upside Down" had a 10 minute interview talking about my running, the Bath half marathon and of course raising money for Parkinsons UK. It was great fun and hopefully gave some additional profile for the race and charity!

In addition to the interview, I have been getting my outfit ready for Sunday. I will be running as SuperGirl in an XL ladies costume with a blond wig. I have had a few issues though which will need ironing out before Sunday. Firstly, stupidly I put the wig into the washing machine for a wash and what started as nice straight hair has now turned badly matted. Conditioner and shampoo have helped a bit but it was not the right thing to do in hindsight. Secondly, the skirt of the costume is a little short and I feel it could ride up as I run. So, do I run in running shorts underneath or wear the supergirl pants kindly provided with the costume. I am edging for the former solution. Lastly, there are boot covers to make my calves shiny and red. However, they are very tight and I don't want to end up with shin splints or worse, so they may have to go!

I have put out a couple of new requests for sponsorship on facebook and twitter and I hope that they will help to raise a little bit of extra cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment